We are seeking an outside sales representative with a focus on wireless in-building cellular and public safety systems to help us expand our growing Telecommunications Engineering firm. Desired candidate must have a strong understanding of sales and outstanding ability to work well under pressure, multi-task with proven results of achieving goals, and great organizational skills.
Our In-building Account Executive will be a key member of our Business Development Team, playing a fundamental role in creating and developing / closing sales opportunities and new business relationships. The In-Building Account Executive will be responsible for generating new sales opportunities and ongoing development of existing and prospective customers to ensure that the department is able to meet its growth targets for in-building systems. This position will develop new client relationships and be able to close sales opportunities.
Supported by the Business Development Team, the In-Building Account Executive will be an integral part in the growth of the company, responsibilities include the following:
- Establish, develop, manage and grow relationships for in-building DAS business and expand market share in Philadelphia, New Jersey, and New York City areas.
- Make outbound calls to sell company’s services, schedule and participate in face-to-face meetings with new, repeat, and potential customers on a daily basis.
- Travel within sales territory to represent the company, meet with prospects and active customers and achieve the assigned goal.
- Work to identify and prioritize sales opportunities.
- Identify customer requirements and work with Business Development and Engineering teams to develop best solutions for customers.
- Build and maintain relationships with new and repeat customers and strategic accounts.
- Proactive follow-up for existing and prospective customers.
- Maintain records of all sales leads and/or customer accounts.
- Educate customers on benefits of our services.
- Monitor the competitors, new products, and market conditions to understand a customer’s specific needs.
- Work closely with Business Development and Marketing to help build and maintain company’s brand.
- Always maintain a professional company image.
- Participate in creating and reviewing contracts.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with Business Development, Engineering, and Executive Leadership.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with active customers and potential customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to build strong relationships with customers and partners.
- Recommend improvements to boost performance of the sales team.
- Proven track record of closing sales leads is a must.
- Well-developed phone presence and high comfort level in initiating conversations.
- Must be a self-starter and proactive problem solver.
- Supporting any duties related to the position of In-Building Account Executive as directed by the Business Development Team.
- The company’s preference is for this position to be 50% remote and 50% in office and to be located in either the Edison, New Jersey or Exton, Pennsylvania Office.
- Work hours are 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. With occasional after-hours event attendance.
- Daily travel as much as 50% of the time to meet with potential clients.
- Additional plane travel required to attend and participate in tradeshows, industry training, technical conferences, and networking events.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, Communications, and/or any equivalent education that demonstrates expertise in customer engagement.
- Minimum of 3-5 years related experience – telecommunications sales, building solutions sales, low voltage electrical contractor sales.
- Highly organized – manage in-house and fieldwork.
- Proven track record in sales generation, building client relationships, and closing opportunities.
- Familiarity with public safety and building codes.
- Experience with DAS and ERRCS.
- Understanding of in-building applications.
- Relationships with industry contacts – electrical contractors, property owners, developers, carriers, and/or AHJs and understanding of local DAS landscape.
- An ability to work independently and as a team.
- Understanding of Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint is a must.
- Superb written and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Great customer service skills.
- Driver’s license required.
- Commission Program based upon closed sales
- Travel Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Employer Match
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Lisa.Villecco@vcomm-eng.com.